Saturday, February 4, 2012

In today's standards, what is the best video card for my 2-yr old Compaq Presario SR1810NX PC?

AMD Sempron 3200++, 1.5GB RAM, 100GB HD. After adding a few upgrades last year I thought I would not need a graphics card installed since the board already has an integrated 256MB video chip. But lately, I noticed just how slow its performance had become (that I had to keep restarting my PC before I could continue on my work). The funny thing is, the only games I play are Bejeweled 2 and Spider Solitaire, yet I could not have fun longer than an hour because either programs freezes by then. Buying a new system is not an option here. I just want to know what video card works well with it and if it could indeed improve the performance? Maxing out its memory needs may be good but I am more interested on the system's ability to multi-task between my graphics and other productivity programs installed (and running). Any ideas? HP customer care won't answer my inquiries if I don't buy from their store for this upgrade. What card works well and where can I get it? My thanks, in advance.In today's standards, what is the best video card for my 2-yr old Compaq Presario SR1810NX PC?
When is the last time you did:



A fresh reload of your OS?



Cleaned the inside of your PC with compressed air?



Also,



Is your computer in a open area allowing the case to vent?



Alot of the times when your computer "freezes" its due to a timeout issue or overheating. MANY people like to stick their computers in the little compartment with a door and back underneath their desk.



This chokes their PC and causes the case temperature to rise upward to 140 degrees, which the CPU fan then blows back on the CPU which is running around 212 degrees.



When it gets to about 240-300 its usually meltdown at that point.In today's standards, what is the best video card for my 2-yr old Compaq Presario SR1810NX PC?
Your problem is not hardware but sounds Windows foul up. The video card you would need don't exceed 7300 at all. It is shame that HP care does what it did but we all heard some Dell customer got burnt this way too from a post few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment