Saturday, February 4, 2012

Visual disturbances after playing "Bejewelled 2 Deluxe" - Has anyone else had this problem?

For some time I've been playing 'Bejewelled 2 Deluxe', which is described by its publishers as "one of the most addictive games ever".



However, I find that if I play for more than 15 to 20 minutes, I get a 'persistence of vision' - like a mental photograph of the game screen.



If I close my eyes, or look into a dark area, I can still see the game screen as if it were burnt into my eyes/mind. This lasts for many hours and often, I can still see the image next morning.



If I leave the game alone for a few days, the effect wears off, but if I play again, the effect returns.



It's really annoying because I quite enjoy playing, but when it interferes with my vision, it gets to be a problem.



Has anyone else had this problem, with this or any other game?Visual disturbances after playing "Bejewelled 2 Deluxe" - Has anyone else had this problem?
Something like this can happen if you stare at the same thing for a long while. As a kid, one little optical illusion that was popular in books I read was to stare at an image for several minutes then stare at a blank wall to see the negative image in the wall. Since Bejeweled is mainly a static image with the gems changing, it's reasonable that something like this would happen, especially if you play in a dark room.



What is weird is the fact you're seeing it for several hours after. Usually the effect fades away after 5 or 10 minutes. I would highly suggest going to your local optometrist or family doctor to look into this, as having this persistence of vision for such a length of time seems a bit weird. You would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to your eyes.Visual disturbances after playing "Bejewelled 2 Deluxe" - Has anyone else had this problem?
ive had the same effect with that game, as well as DDR and Guitar Hero, for those games i can see arrows and notes, and because of guitar hero everything looks like its getting further away.
  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment